by Wylie Snow
Contemporary Romance Novel
*Adult content - not suitable for under 18*
Secrets, lies, lust ... whatever it takes to win.
Clara Bean, Europe's most respected restaurant critic, lands on American soil to do a promotional tour with a sports icon. But how will she keep her career-ending secret from her deliciously handsome new partner? She quickly learns that all games have rules, even falling in love.
Luc Bisquet can't seem to score any points with sassy, sexy Clara despite the palatable chemistry between them. But he's willing to endure as many penalties as it takes to crack her icy reserve, because winning is everything. Game on.
I received this book from the author, in exchange for an honest review.
Game On is an interesting read. I enjoyed it and it is entertaining and fast paced.
I am between a 3 and a 3.5 stars rating. I liked it, but I wasn't crazy about it.
"Never in her twenty-seven years had she ever so badly wanted a man to turn around so she could catch sight of his ass. If every rational brain cell in her head weren't distractingly consumed with lust, she'd be positively ashamed of herself"
So, my thoughts:
What I liked:
- the cover: of course! it's gorgeous!
- the concept: interesting, original and cute
- the dialogues: LOVED THEM! so clever and funny.
- the supporting characters: Lydia and Sutter were outstanding characters, I was so amused by them (my favorites)
- Luke, I liked the tough-on-the-outside-but-a-mess-on-the-inside kind of protagonist
What I didn't like:
- Nothing too specific but I felt like there was something missing, for example: Clara's story goes around a fact that I didn't think it was so crucial and she keeps lying about it and makes it even bigger. Luke's story and inner trouble sounded more appealing, though all the focus is on Clara's problem.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading more of this author, the book certainly has potential and it was a cute read.