Put on the kettle, close the curtains and curl up by the fire. Dive into 8 short tales, each with a slice of the paranormal.
- Ghost Story - Who is the shadow in the window of the abandoned house, and what or who is he waiting for?
- The Awakening - It's time for Sabrina to wake up and face the light.
- End of the Line - Cassie wants to die. When midnight rolls around, she stands on the tracks waiting for the train to come.
- Milsa Loris - The once magnificent kingdom of Milsa Loris comes alive one night each winter. The King's witch is brewing up a little magic, sure to make the soup all the tastier.
- The Old Vampire - Hailey spent her life dreaming of a dark prince falling in love with her. He never showed up, until now.
- The Knocking - Alison's grandfather has one eye on the next life. After all, he's heard a lot of rapping at his door lately.
- The Boy on the Beach - Kate's grandmother warns her about the boy with the green eyes. Will she pay heed?
- Snowglobes- It's busy at Calvin's Cabins this Christmas. Eddie and Maggie are a young couple in trouble. Not to fear, Calvin is always ready to lend a hand.
At first glance, the spacious room appeared to be empty. What had once been a bed was now nothing more than a crooked headboard and planks of wood. A trickle of light seeped through the moth-eaten blinds of the window, and Jessica found herself standing in a pool of moonlight. A musty, old paperback smell filled her nostrils. Shadows draped across the room, deepening in one corner over an old, decaying chair. That particular black shadow shifted suddenly, and a surprised squeak escaped Jessica.
She froze inside the threshold of the room, staring helplessly at the ghostly figure in the corner. It was him. Her mind registered this with a certain degree of calm acceptance, but her body remained glued to the spot with terror. And when the being beckoned her, she was only able to vaguely shake her head.
It came to her instead.
Awakening-Other-Stories-ebook/ dp/B00A8Z06XS/ref=sr_1_5?ie= UTF8&qid=1353240359&sr=8-5& keywords=emma+meade
Follow the tour, NEXT STOPS:
I KNOW THAT BOOK (that's me :P)
Dec 11: http://ssbookfanatics.
Dec 12: http://bookishlydevoted.
Dec 13: http://momwithakindle.
Dec 14: http://whimsicallyours.com/ and http://amysbookworld.blogspot.
Dec 15: http://indiewritersreview.
Dec 16: http://darkestsins.blogspot.