PERFECT (Pretty Little Liars #3)
by Sara Shepard
Genre: Young Adult/ Mystery
In Rosewood, Pennsylvania, four perfect-looking girls aren't nearly as perfect as they seem.
Aria can't resist her forbidden ex. Hanna is on the verge of losing her BFF. Emily is freaking out over a simple kiss. And Spencer can't keep her hands off anything that belongs to her sister.
Lucky me. I know these pretty little liars better than they know themselves. But it's hard keeping all of their secrets to myself. They better do as I say . . . or else!
aaaaah! collection of thoughts and ramblings!
A is dead... everything is quiet in Rosewood... is it?
I like this series so much but this book wasn't as amazing. It was ok.
The start wasn't as strong as in the previous books.
What happened to me is that basically that I got dissapointed with all the characters.
- Emily is dull. So whiny and incapable of solving little things. I know that "coming out of the closet" might not be easy but I am referring to the small things.
Of course having parents with such old fashion minds doesn't help whatsoever.
But she is insecure and can't stand for herself at all. Though it was a bit better in this installment.
- More of the same with manipulative Maya.
- Spencer is back on track, I like that.
- Hannah... until page 65, the only thing we hear about her is clothes... booooring.
- I used to like Ella but she kicked her daughter out for then ight. What kind of mother does that? Especially under those circumstances.
- Aria messed up big time. She was my favorite so far but...
- Eventhough in the TV show I liked Ezra, I think that in the book he is getting in the way of something that could have been really nice. A and S are cute.
There were also good things:
At the end of book 2, the girls were a little closer to each other, here they grow apart again and it's interesting how A makes them doubt their friends.
It's like you know that everything is going to blow up in their faces, you just don't know when...
Even if it wasn't my favorite, it had a truly interesting end that will make me go on with the series.